1.01.2012

And so it begins


2012, I welcome you with open arms.
365 days ago, I was at an Urgent Care clinic, suffering from strep throat. It was a pretty miserable way to begin 2011.
Today I woke slowly to an uncommonly warm, sunny day, and I sneaked out to get bagels and coffee for B and I. We lounged and read the paper, luxuries we rarely afford ourselves together. It was a pretty perfect way to begin 2012.
The clouds have now rolled in, and the wind has its usual winter chill again. The afternoon for me holds a little baking at the restaurant, a little housework, and hopefully time to make this cozy treat.
A good year is to come.

2 comments:

redmenace said...

It's a bit late, but happy new year! Did you enjoy your cozy treat? I hope so! xo

karen said...

January is the PERFECT month for cinnamon. My body craves it! It was delicious!